Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baseball...I don't get it...



Ok. I know that it is considered "America's Pastime", and I respect that. However, I have never really been able to understand the excitement of the game. I don't really understand strategy, or "plays" if you will. But, for my roommate Ryne, it is the best time of the year. While at our annual formal, which was held in the great city of St.Louis this year, we were able to enjoy an afternoon of cheering on the Cardinals to (hopefully) their first win. While seeing the number of fans that come out to watch their beloved team, I started to understand why so many people have loved it for so long. Even though the Cards lost, their fan base stood behind them and pushed on to the next game, which just so happened to be the next day. I may not get baseball, but I sure did enjoy the experience. Who knows. Maybe they made a Cardinal fan out of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment